Hi, Samuel here. Welcome to LIFE IN GIS
A GIS user with interests in Web-GIS development, FOSS advocate, trainer and mentor. Lives in Nairobi but finds adventure in travelling. The “Life in GIS” phrase is as a result of the many told and untold stories in the Geospatial realm.
I could label myself as a GIS Developer, GIS Consultant, GIS User etc but there is more to life than these labels. The Life in GIS slogan is somehow self-explanatory and it describes my life in this industry. This website acts as an inspiration, tutorial point, content place for all who are willing to learn more about GIS and other related matters in the field.
I met GIS in 2011, when I enrolled to study Bachelors in Geomatics Engineering and GIS. I had a diploma in IT by then and spent my time developing small applications for my town businesses such as pharmacies, food joints, health clinics, farms etc. Getting to campus was a game changer. I studied GIS for a whole year before I could find and understand the intersection between IT and GIS. This changed my life.
Having worked in different fields, with different clients and in different regions, I share my knowledge across the various geospatial fields to help and inspire other learners, students, devs and interested parties grow their skills and realize their potential. It has been a great journey for the last 4 years.
I started a YouTube channel under the name Life in GIS to share tutorials with the world as I teach various skills across my industry. Being an advocate for Open Data, Open Standards and Open Software, I continue to share my knowledge with the world and help make this space a better place with GIS.
- Geomatics Engineering and Geospatial Information Systems(GEGIS) at Dedan Kimathi University of Technology.
- Diploma in Information and Communication Technology Management from IAT.
- Spatial Collective
- Orbital Africa
- EED Advisory
- Geosymp Limited
- GBV Somalia
- Measurements Systems Limited
- Medir Systems Limited
- Bean Interactive
- GeoEnvi Solutions International
- SNTC Swaziland
- National Land Commission
- IGGReS, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
- ITPlus Uganda
- Ultigeo Center
- Nanyuki Water and Sewerage Company
- Gatamathi Water and Sanitation Company
- College of Health Sciences,Makerere University
- Kuria, D., Ngigi, M., Gikwa, C., Mundia, C., Kibui, S., Omondi, S. Thaa, B. and Macharia, M. (2016b). “Improving the state of Land Administration in Developing Countries: A case study of LADM for Kenya – Opportuniteis and Challenges”. 2016 World Bank Conference On Land And Poverty. The World Bank -Washington DC, March 14-18, 2016
- Bartholomew Thiong’o Kuria1 Fridah Kirimi2 Carsten Juergens1 David Ndegwa Kuria3 Samuel Wanjohi Kibui3 Kenneth Mubea3 . “Multisensoral and multitemporal approach to crop mapping in trans nzoia county”, RCMRD September 27 – 29,2017
- Steve Omondi Ochieng’, Moses Murimi Ngigi, David Ndegwa Kuria, Charles Ndegwa Mundia, Mary Wandia Macharia, Caroline Waithera Gikwa, Samuel Wanjohi Kibui, Boniface Thaa Njoroge (Dedan Kimathi University of Technology). “A pilot implementation of the Land Administration Domain Model, An Africanized LADM” – International Conference on Geospatial Technologies for Sustainable Urban and Rural Development, November 18-20, 2015
Services & Solutions Offered
- GIS Consultancy Services
- ERP Solutions – SaaS Platforms
- GIS Training
- Mentorship Programmes – Talks